Helping a major bank with platform transformation
In 2009, one of the major banks embarked on one of the largest transformation and platform refresh programs in Australia. This required migration of thousands of virtual servers all housing a very complex Oracle implementation with over 45 application assets consisting of hundreds of instances of Oracle products.
What LimePoint Did
- Worked with the Bank as a trusted adviser and headed the release architecture practise liaising with number of vendors and service providers.
- Review of as-is architecture, capacity planning, demand forecasting and review of infrastructure requirements.
- Complete solution architecture, design and pattern establishment for the infrastructure platform
- Migration detailed designs and implementation
- Used our EnvironMint product to automate the build and configuration of the technology stack
- Transitioned EnvironMint builds to the bank’s BAU teams
Benefits to Customer
- Helped bank drive the transformation with the right architecture, design and the migration plan
- Provided bank the subject matter expertise required to understand the complexities involved with the migration
- Empowered bank to use automated tools and processes to save time, effort and reduce cost with the transformation program.
- With the right people, technology and tools, the bank recorded: