ERP integration in a week Using Oracle SOA Cloud Service
The customer, a multinational heating solutions company have recently acquired another manufacturing organisation. With this acquisition, the customer has now two desperate ERP systems: Oracle JD Edwards and Infor M3. While the strategic future state requirements are to merge the functionalities in M3 into Oracle JD Edwards, there is a pressing requirement for a robust integration platform to integrate these two systems.
To achieve quick provisioning of the platform, the customer has chosen Oracle SOA Cloud Service, and is seeking LimePoint’s expertise with the design and development of SOA composites for the integration with M3, as well as review and configuration of a SDLC pipeline.
CHALLENGES / OPPORTUNITIES
- Understand the as-is architecture and design of the integration platform with a focus on the integration between M3 and E1.
- Review existing implementations and methodology to ensure alignment with best-practice.
- Develop SOA Composites and deploy it on Oracle SOA Cloud Service.
- Help the customer establish a SDLC pipeline.
WHAT LIMEPOINT DID
LimePoint helped the customer by
- Understanding the interaction between the current ERP systems.
- Architecting & Designing the solution using Oracle FMW technology
- Implementation of the solution using SOA composites and components like DB/File adapter, transformation, notification etc.
- Understanding the possible business error scenarios and implementing a robust error framework.
- Email notifications set up to notify business about failure’s in processing orders.
- Go-Live in Production in less than a week (including design and implementation)
- Delivered a high performing, fault tolerant and a robust integration solution.
- Reduced human intervention for validation of failed orders (the new system sends out email notifications for orders that failed with the proper reason/payload)
- Low maintenance for the customer, owing to using Oracle cloud.